Presently, Housing Department under administrative control of Administrative Secretary
of Housing Department is in existence. However, Head of Department of Housing is not in
existence. As per Budget Speech, 2020-2021, there should be a ‘Department of Housing for
All’ under the control of Administrative Secretary by subsuming all the Housing Schemes
currently being run by various Departments/Boards/Corporations and Autonomous Bodies.
The proposed allocation of Business to the new Department for HFA is as under:-
1. Administration of the Haryana Housing Board Act, 1971.
2. Creation of new Directorate of ‘Housing for All’ headed by Director/ Director General. Detailed staffing structure of the Directorate to be approved by Chief Minister with concurrence of the Finance Department.
3. Administration of the Haryana Housing Board.
4. Implementation of Housing Schemes e.g.
(i) Land Acquisition of Development Scheme.
(ii) Low Income Group Housing Scheme.
(iii) Middle Income Group Housing Scheme.
(iv) Rental Housing Scheme.
(v) Rural Housing Scheme.
(vi) Subsidized Industrial Housing Scheme.
5. Implementation of Pardhan Mantri Awas Yojna- Urban by department of Housing for All.
6. Implementation of Rajiv Awas Yojna by department of Housing for All.
7. Implementation of Pardhan Mantri Awas Yojna-Gramin by department of Housing for All.
8. Implementation of Any other Housing Scheme to be launched by GOI/Govt. of Haryana.
9. Preparation of project report of various housing schemes and their implementation for the expansion, improvement and development of housing in Urban and Rural areas.
10. Collaboration with any national or international body for implementation of housing schemes for rural and urban areas.
11. Preparation of the Capital & Revenue Budget for the Department and monitoring the implementation of various schemes.
12. Constitution of State Advisory Committee in respect of Housing Scheme(s).
13. Establishment matters relating to officers and staff under the administrative control of the Department except matters allotted to the Personnel, Administrative reforms and Training Department.
14.Any other matter connected with or incidental to above.